At MidAmerican Energy, “obsessively, relentlessly at your service” is more than just a tagline. It’s a commitment that extends beyond customer service to supporting the communities our customers and employees call home. Giving back is part of who we are.
Through MidAmerican Energy CARES, our corporate citizenship program, we give our time, talent and resources to help build stronger, more sustainable communities. CARES stands for Community Enhancement, Arts and Culture, Environmental Respect, Education/STEM and Safety.
Watch our CARES work in action and download our 2019 Corporate Citizenship Report.
- COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT – Public spaces where people can learn, grow and connect builds strong communities.
- ARTS AND CULTURE – Celebrating the arts and heritage of all our customers helps create unique communities.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPECT – Our commitment to deliver clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy aligns with other green initiatives that we support across our service territories.
- EDUCATION/STEM – The future of our region’s economy and prosperity lies in our students and their classrooms. We’re proud to support educational efforts focused on STEM, financial literacy and leadership.
- SAFETY – A safe, healthy region is a region with a solid future. We support first responders and those committed to making sports and recreation accessible for people of all abilities.
We work to ensure our investments have a far-reaching impact, whether we’re supporting local festivals, investing in green spaces, providing educational opportunities or assisting with community initiatives. The program also aims to advance diversity and inclusion efforts within our company and the communities we serve.