Choose the payment option that's right for you.
Checking and Savings Account Payments
- To schedule a payment using your checking or savings account, log in to My Account
or call our automated payment line at 800-432-4524. You can schedule a single online payment for today or a future date.
There is no fee, and you control when the payment is made.
- If you'd like to pay from the same checking or savings account each month, you can establish recurring payments via
My Account or by mail via a completed authorization form.
Credit or Debit Card Payments
- Western Union® Speedpay®, a utility bill payment center that processes payments on behalf of MidAmerican Energy, accepts online or phone payments made with MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards; and ATM or debit cards using the STAR, PULSE, NYCE and ACCEL networks. Western Union Speedpay charges a processing fee; however, MidAmerican Energy Company does not receive any portion of the fee. To make a credit or debit card payment by phone or to verify the Western Union Speedpay processing fee, call 866-579-1409.
- All payments, including pending disconnect and reconnect payments, are accepted. If your payment is for a pending disconnection or reconnection of service, you must call MidAmerican Energy at 888-427-5632 with the Western Union Speedpay transaction number, which confirms the payment.
- Payments can be made at any of MidAmerican Energy Company's customer offices. Customer offices accept cash, checks or money orders for full and partial payments.
- When mailing payments, include the pay stub from your bill, or write your MidAmerican Energy account number or service address on your check. Mail payments to:
MidAmerican Energy Company
P.O. Box 8020
Davenport, IA 52808-8020
Walk-In Payment Locations
- Western Union is MidAmerican Energy’s authorized walk-in payment provider. You can make a cash payment at any Western Union location that accepts payments. Western Union charges a convenience fee of $1 for this service. MidAmerican Energy cautions you about making a payment at locations other than Western Union. Payments made at other locations may result in delayed posting of the payment to your account and the inability to confirm the payment.