Investing in energy efficiency can add value to your properties and increase your lease occupancy rate. Lower energy bills are attractive to existing and potential tenants.MidAmerican Energy offers assistance to income qualified multifamily properties, which include institutional housing and emergency shelters. Services include:
- Enhanced rebates up to 40 percent of installed cost.
- Free professional consultation throughout contractor bidding and equipment installation.
- You must be a customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the building for which the rebate is being paid.
- Transportation gas customers with daily metering are ineligible for natural gas incentives. However, customers with monthly metering under the Monthly Metered Transportation Service natural gas tariff are eligible for energy efficiency incentives.
- Facilities must be built before Jan. 1, 2009.
- The building must have four or more living units, such as:
- Apartment Complex
For more information download: