New features for residential programs include:
- For heating and cooling purchases, the instant discount enhancement would enable residential customers to save money up-front when they buy energy-efficient equipment, instead of submitting rebate forms after their purchase.
- An online marketplace will offer instant discounts on smart thermostats and easy-to-install energy-saving products such as advanced power strips, low-flow faucet aerators and water-saving showerheads. The site will also offer other easy-to-install energy-saving products, including weatherstripping and LED lights.
- New energy efficiency and weatherization offerings for income-qualified customers like free weatherization kits, increased community action agency and local partnership efforts, and programs targeted to small businesses in lower income and underserved neighborhoods.
- Increased participation incentives for SummerSaver smart thermostat participants
Nonresidential programs, which are available to commercial and industrial customers, will include:
- The instant discount enhancement would enable nonresidential customers to save money up-front when they buy energy-efficient equipment, instead of submitting rebate forms after their purchase
- Comprehensive facility assessments
- Increased incentives for annual load reduction participation
- LED lighting and commercial kitchen equipment incentives
- Enhanced new construction incentives encouraging affordable multifamily housing projects that are energy efficient
MidAmerican Energy, headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, serves 804,000 electric customers in Iowa, Illinois and South Dakota, and 781,000 natural gas customers in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska and South Dakota. Information about MidAmerican Energy is available at midamericanenergy.com and company social media channels.