Businesses depend on reliable data centers, but data centers are highly energy intensive. Data centers can use 20 to 50 times more energy per square foot than traditional office space. The MidAmerican Data Center Advantage offering helps data center owners and operators gain access to energy-saving opportunities by helping identify and evaluate projects and providing financial incentives that flow straight to the bottom line.
- Participants must be nonresidential electric customers (commercial or industrial) with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy's Iowa or Illinois service territory.
- Please review all qualifications and conditions based on your state (Iowa and Illinois).
- Rebates are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates and incentives are offered until approved funds are exhausted or through Dec. 31, 2022, whichever comes first.
- The application must be submitted prior to purchase of equipment.
Examples of eligible projects include:
- Replacement or Optimization of Chillers, Cooling
- Towers, Compressors, Condensers or Pumps
- Motor Horsepower Reduction
- Evaporative Coolers
- Air-Side/Water-Side Economizers
- VFDs for Pumps or Supply Fan Motors
- Electronically-Commutated Motors (ECM) for Fans
- Wired or Wireless Sensors
- Control System Integration
- Airflow Management Measures
- In-Rack or In-Row Cooling Equipment
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Server Virtualization
Data Center Advantage Incentives
- Survey of facility to assess opportunities for energy savings
- Assistance identifying and evaluating energy-savings strategies
- Analysis of energy costs and paybacks
- Financial incentives to help offset the cost of implementing energy-saving strategies