Nebraska Residential Qualifications and Conditions
2023 Nebraska Residential Programs
- Participants must be located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Nebraska service territory with a rate designation of Small Volume Firm (SVF).
- MidAmerican Energy Company must directly provide the natural gas to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid. Additionally, customer must use natural gas supplied directly by MidAmerican Energy Company as their primary heat source.
- Qualifying equipment must be new, installed on the premises and must not be purchased for resale.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that the equipment installed for these programs meets all applicable codes, standards and regulatory requirements.
- Customers agree to allow MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors, and their subcontractors to access their property for the purposes of delivering program services/equipment made available through MidAmerican Energy’s energy efficiency programs.
- Equipment must be purchased between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, and installed and operating prior to submission of final rebate application. Rebate applications for equipment/material purchased must be submitted within 90 days of dealer invoice, or by January 31, 2024, whichever comes first. Submit applications online at MidAmericanEnergy.com/ee.
- Failure to complete the required sections and provide the requested documentation will result in denial of application.
- Rebates are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Rebates and incentives are offered until approved funds are exhausted or through December 31, 2023, whichever comes first.
- Rebate checks will be issued to the building owner or account holder.
- For prescriptive rebates, the rebate payment cannot exceed 50% of the installed cost (reasonable labor and material/equipment – reasonableness to be determined by MidAmerican Energy Company). Installed cost includes contractor labor only and does not include internal labor.
- Allow up to 14 days for rebate processing once application and supporting documents are received (excluding on-site verification time, if needed).
- Consult a qualified tax advisor or visit www.energystar.gov/about/federal_tax_credits for details on any applicable federal tax credits or incentives available for installation of energy-efficient equipment.
- MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors and their subcontractors reserve the right to request additional supporting documentation, if necessary, to ensure eligibility and verify existing system performance and baseline conditions.
- MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors and their subcontractors do not guarantee that installation and operation of energy-efficient equipment will result in reduced usage or in cost savings. The manner in which a customer uses and maintains energy-efficient equipment affects potential cost savings.
- MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors and their subcontractors do not endorse any manufacturer, product, or system design in promoting this incentive program. Listing a product does not constitute an endorsement, nor does it imply that unlisted products are defective in any way.
- MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors and their subcontractors make no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to any equipment purchased or installed, including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- In no event shall MidAmerican Energy Company, its program implementation contractors or their subcontractors be held liable for any incidental or consequential damages or injuries resulting from defective equipment or installation.
- The programs are effective January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023, unless otherwise noted, and are subject to periodic review by MidAmerican Energy Company. MidAmerican Energy Company reserves the right to modify or end these programs at any time without any notification.