About the Assessment
If your home was built before January 1, 2009, and MidAmerican Energy supplies the primary heating fuel to your home, you may qualify for a free on-site energy assessment. HomeCheck on-site energy assessments are available to Illinois customers and must be completed by December 20, 2019.
How does it work?
Our energy expert will analyze various features of your home and if applicable, may install energy-saving items at no cost.
Insulation is one of the keys to a comfortable, energy-efficient home. The greatest energy savings often come from ensuring the home has adequate attic insulation levels. Through the HomeCheck program, you may be eligible for insulation rebates.
Do more and receive more!
Receive a bonus payment of $200 by participating in MidAmerican Energy’s programs and upgrading any three of the following measures by December 31, 2019, after your energy assessment:
- Air conditioner
- Natural gas furnace
- Heat pump
- Heat pump water heater
You must apply for and receive a rebate from MidAmerican Energy for three qualifying measures prior to applying for or receiving the bonus rebate. Upgrades must be installed and rebate applications must be submitted by December 31, 2019, to be eligible for the bonus payment.
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy’s Illinois service territory.
- For on-site assessments, MidAmerican Energy must deliver the primary heating fuel to your home.
- Homes must be built before Jan. 1, 2009.
- To be eligible for insulation rebates, an on-site HomeCheck assessment must be completed before installation. Any improvements made prior to the on-site assessment are ineligible for rebates.
- Renters: You must have your landlord’s approval, and the landlord should be present at the time of the on-site assessment.
- Landlords: Call to confirm the appropriate on-site assessment program for your building.
How to get started
Call 800-545-0762 to schedule an on-site HomeCheck assessment. Or, complete the on-line HomeCheck Assessment Request.
If you’ve had a HomeCheck and would like to take action, call 800-545-0762 to learn what to do next.
Find out how you can start saving now with an online energy assessment.