For Residential Customers in Illinois
You can save energy and help the environment with a simple twist of the wrist. Lighting, which accounts for 12 percent of the average home’s electric bill, is one of the easiest and most effective places to start saving.
Making the switch to more energy-efficient lighting is simple. MidAmerican Energy works with many retail and manufacturing partners to provide discounted pricing on select ENERGY STAR® certified CFLs or LEDs and LED trim kits. Qualified customers may purchase up to 12 discounted bulbs. The discounted pricing allows you to receive the lower prices at the cash register and eliminates the need to fill out rebate forms.
You can find instant rebates at these types of retailers:
- Home Improvement (e.g., Lowe’s, Menards, Home Depot)
- Mass Merchant (e.g., Target, Walmart)
- Warehouse Club (e.g., Sam’s Club, Costco)
- Hardware (e.g., Ace, True Value, Theisen’s)
- Deep Discounter (e.g., Dollar General, Dollar Tree)
- Grocery/Drug (e.g., Hy-Vee, Fareway, Walgreens)
- Specialty (e.g., BatteriesPlus)
- Other (e.g., 3E, Van Meter, Adventure Lighting, ECHO Electric, Crescent Electric)
- Program lamps are not eligible for additional rebates in other MidAmerican Energy Company programs.
Visit www.illinoisbebright.com for participating retailers, or call 800-339-6856 with questions.
For additional information on CFLs and LEDs, review our CFL and LED Fact Sheet. For information on the proper disposal of CFLs, visit www.energystar.gov.