For Residential Customers in Iowa
The best way to make your home energy efficient is to build it that way from the start. If you’re considering building a
new home, MidAmerican Energy’s New Homes program can help with expert advice and energy efficiency rebates. We can assist your builder in executing his plans to ensure that your home remains energy efficient for years to come.
The Home Energy Rating System Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. A certified home energy rater assesses the energy efficiency of a home, assigning it a relative performance score.
Single-Family Homes/Duplex Options
- MidAmerican Energy’s EnergyAdvantage® Advanced Builder Option Package
This program option is available to new, single-family homes in MidAmerican Energy’s Iowa service areas that will use energy provided directly by MidAmerican Energy. This program requires each home to be pre-enrolled when construction begins. Talk with your builder for a complete list of rebates and requirements.
View our advanced builder option package rebates.
- ENERGY STAR® Certified Home
This program option is available to new, single-family homes in MidAmerican Energy’s Iowa service areas that will use energy provided directly by MidAmerican Energy. This program requires each home to be pre-enrolled when construction begins. Your builder must provide certification from a RESNET certified HERS rater showing the home meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR standards. Specifications are available at www.energystar.gov.
View our ENERGY STAR certified home rebates.
This program requires each multifamily building to be preapproved and pre-enrolled when construction begins; the incentive applies to conditioned living space. All units being built must be ENERGY STAR certified, residential, three stories or less and not be mixed-use buildings. Side-by-side townhomes are eligible for rebates through the single-family/duplex Residential New Homes program.
View our apartments/condominiums rebates.
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity or natural gas to the new home.
- The New Homes programs requires a HERS rating; deadline is March 31, 2018.
- Documentation of 2017 homes must be received prior to July 1, 2018. Homes submitted after that date must meet 2018 program specifications, and 2018 program rebate levels will apply to those homes.
- Rebate will be paid to the builder unless otherwise assigned by the builder.
- Builder or customer (not MidAmerican Energy) is responsible for the cost of a HERS rating.
- Must meet 2012 IECC.
How to get started
Complete the Advanced BOP or the ENERGY STAR® HERS enrollment form and rebate application prior to the drywall installation construction phase. Call 800-894-9599 for details, weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.