Heating, Cooling and Water Heating
For Residential Customers in Iowa
Making smart decisions about your home’s heating, cooling and water heating systems can have a big effect on your utility bills – and your comfort. Approximately half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling.
System Adjustment and Verified Efficiency certification assures you purchase the most appropriate, energy-efficient system for your home, and that it's installed correctly for optimum savings and comfort. To receive eligible rebates on new HVAC equipment, MidAmerican Energy requires that an HVAC SAVE certified contractor tests and verifies your equipment. To find a SAVE certified contractor in your area, visit www.hvacsave.com.
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity or natural gas to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Must be AHRI Certified® or ENERGY STAR® certified.
- To receive an HVAC equipment rebate, the equipment must be pre-enrolled and tested by an HVAC SAVE certified technician unless otherwise noted. This includes equipment placed in multifamily residential units.
- Heating and cooling equipment (except ground-source heat pump) rebates are included in the comprehensive Residential New Construction rebate and not eligible for additional separate rebates.
Rebate requirements and how to apply?
Refer to the heating and cooling rebate application for all rebate requirements.
Professionally installed equipment and materials: Have your dealer send the appropriate completed rebate application form, SAVE test results/contractor report, EnergyGuide label(s), AHRI or ENERGY STAR certification pages and itemized invoices for materials and labor to MidAmerican Energy by March 31, 2018.
Self-installed equipment and materials: Complete the appropriate rebate form, attach a copy of the itemized, dated receipt and send to MidAmerican Energy by March 31, 2018.