Commercial New Construction
For Business Customers in Iowa
Make energy efficiency part of your next design. MidAmerican Energy’s Commercial New Construction program provides complimentary energy design assistance and financial incentives to help offset the cost of implementing energy-efficient strategies.
To qualify, your project must be:
- New construction, an addition or a major renovation with a mechanical system replacement
- Early enough in the design process to implement energy analysis results
- Larger than 5,000 square feet
- Heated and/or cooled by a participating Iowa utility
- Able to achieve savings that are at least 15 percent better than energy code baseline
Note: Projects that do not qualify for the Commercial New Construction program may be eligible for Nonresidential Equipment program rebates.
- Free energy design assistance – Participants receive complimentary energy design assistance and a customized energy model that simulates energy use for the project demonstrating which efficiency strategies have the greatest impact and are most cost-effective. Through a series of meetings, strategies are selected by the owner and design team, with the assistance of an energy design consultant.
- Design team incentive – MidAmerican Energy offers a design team participation rebate to offset the design team members’ expenses associated with program participation.
- Construction incentive – Construction rebates are paid to the building owner based on the annual electric and natural gas savings modeled and verified as installed by MidAmerican Energy.
How to get started
View the Commercial New Construction program brochure for additional program information. Complete the online application to have your project screened.
View the Commercial New Construction fact sheet for additional program information.
See how the Commercial New Construction program has increased energy savings for building projects in Iowa.