For Business Customers in Iowa
Investing in energy efficiency can add value to your properties and increase your lease occupancy rate. Lower energy bills are attractive to existing and potential tenants.
Schedule your free on-site energy assessment and an energy expert will identify ways to reduce your energy use. You’ll receive a report with recommendations for energy-saving opportunities, cost estimates (incorporating low- or no-cost suggestions) and estimates of energy-saving potential.
The program uses a comprehensive assessment approach with all living units and common areas. Assessments of individual living units will not be performed.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings. Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment and building shell rebates – Rebates for equipment and building shell upgrades also apply; refer to the equipment, lighting and building shell programs for qualifying equipment and measures.
- Insulation rebates – An on-site building assessment is required. Visit our energy assessment insulation details page for more information.
- You must be a customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the building for which the rebate is being paid.
- Facilities must be built before Jan. 1, 2007.
- The building must have four or more living units, such as:
- An apartment complex
- An on-site building assessment is required prior to beginning an insulation project in order to qualify for an insulation rebate.
Note: For equipment placed in individual living units, view the For Your Home booklet.
How to schedule an assessment
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059.
Additionally, MidAmerican Energy offers assistance to low-income multifamily properties, which include institutional housing and emergency shelters. Services include:
- Free energy assessment
- Free materials and installation of select measures
- Enhanced rebates up to 40 percent of installed cost
- Free professional consultation throughout contractor bidding and equipment installation
For program details or to schedule an assessment for a low-income, multifamily property, call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems; however, custom projects must be preapproved by MidAmerican Energy prior to purchase and installation of equipment or systems.