Building Shell – Windows
For Business Customers in Iowa
Keep your building cool in the summer and warm in the winter by upgrading your building shell.
- You must be an institutional, commercial or industrial business customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy’s Iowa service territory.
- Rebate will be prorated based on the type of energy purchased from MidAmerican Energy Company. Both fuels 100 percent; the split is 65 percent natural gas; 35 percent electric.
- Transportation gas customers with daily metering are ineligible for natural gas incentives. However, customers with monthly metering under the Monthly Metered Transportation Service natural gas tariff are eligible for energy efficiency incentives.
- Customer must submit a National Fenestration Rating Council label for each style of window with the rebate application.
- To qualify for a rebate, windows must have a U-factor exceeding (more efficient than) the corresponding window type U-factor of the Iowa Energy Code.
- The SHGC must be equal to or lower than Iowa Energy Code to qualify.
Note: For existing building only, does not include new construction. Rebate applications must be submitted within six months of dealer invoice for the equipment/material purchased.
Rebate requirements and how to apply
Refer to the building shell-windows rebate application
for all rebate requirements. To apply, complete the building shell-windows rebate application
in full and return it to MidAmerican Energy along with product specifications, itemized invoices for materials
and labor and installation date. Also include the NFRC labels for each style of windows. Call 800-894-9599 with
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems.