For Business Customers in Iowa
If you’re searching for ways to lower your monthly energy bills and offset equipment costs, look no further than MidAmerican Energy’s Agribusiness program.
Schedule your free on-site energy assessment and an energy expert will identify ways to reduce your energy use. You'll receive a report for energy-saving actions, cost estimates (including low- or no-cost suggestions), and estimates of energy-saving potential.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings. Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment rebates – Some agribusinesses are able to capture big energy savings by installing high-efficiency motors, fans and lighting.
- Insulation rebates – An on-site building assessment is required. Visit our energy assessment insulation details page for more information.
- You must be an agribusiness customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
- Transportation gas customers with daily metering are ineligible for natural gas incentives. However, customers with monthly metering under the Monthly Metered Transportation Service natural gas tariff are eligible for energy efficiency incentives.
- An on-site building assessment is required prior to beginning an insulation project in order to qualify for an insulation rebate.
How to schedule an assessment
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems; however, custom projects must be preapproved by MidAmerican Energy prior to purchase and installation of equipment or systems.