MidAmerican Energy is now accepting applications from businesses and community entities that are interested in hosting a MidAmerican Energy charging station within a 25 mile radius of our target locations: Adel, Ankeny, Bettendorf, Charles City, Colfax, Correctionville, Council Bluffs, Cumming, Davenport, Des Moines, Grimes, Iowa City, Johnston, Latimer, Le Claire, Le Mars, Missouri Valley, Norwalk, Pleasant Hill, Polk City, Sioux City, St. Charles, Urbandale, Waukee and West Des Moines. The application will open on October 1, 2020. Applications and documentation should be submitted by October 30, 2020, at 5 p.m.
To be considered to host a DC fast-charging station, applicants must:
- Submit a completed application along with supplementary documentation.
- Be a MidAmerican non-residential electric customer located in Iowa whose account is in good standing.
- Agree to make the charger available for public use.
- Be located within one of the municipalities shown above.
- Be located within walking distance of amenities, such as restaurants, shopping or points of interest.
- Install permanent, MidAmerican-approved signage to increase awareness and understanding of the benefits and opportunities for transportation electrification.
- Provide three parking stalls for use of the EVSE. Additional parking stalls for future expansion are preferred.
- Participate in program evaluation activities, such as surveys and questionnaires.
- Indicate if there will be a cost for charging sessions and, if so, create a pricing model.
- Pay a MidAmerican electric bill for all EVSE power usage.
- Agree to negotiate and execute the site host agreement and the payment services agreement with MidAmerican and its selected contractor within 60 days of a site award being made.
Once MidAmerican Energy selects site hosts, the company plans to begin building the new charging stations in spring of 2021.
For more information about our charging network, email us at email@example.com.