MidAmerican Energy is proud to be part of a company that is committed to environmental responsibility and willing to play a leading role in developing sustainable, climate-friendly solutions to meet customers' energy needs while keeping costs reasonable and affordable.
Components of MidAmerican Energy’s pledge:
- We are growing the use of renewables as an energy source.
- We are building transmission lines as part of a comprehensive, long-term regional plan to support the integration of more renewable energy onto the electric grid.
- We are reducing coal as a percentage of our generation mix and installing technology to reduce emissions at our coal-fueled plants.
- We are pursuing advanced technologies, such as energy storage options, that will help achieve a more sustainable energy future.
Components of Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s pledge:
- Invest up to an additional $15 billion in renewable energy generation.
- Build additional wind generation.
- Retire coal-fueled generating capacity.
- Add solar and wind capacity through long-term power purchase agreements.
- Invest in transmission infrastructure to bring more renewable energy onto the grid.
- Help develop markets in the West to more effectively integrate renewable resources.