Delivering on our promise to be more than just your utility partner, the EconomicAdvantage team shares valuable and timely information important to economic developers and community leaders in our service territory.
If you'd like to be added to our LINK e-newsletter distribution list, or if there’s a topic you’d like to see featured in an upcoming webinar or enewsletter, please reach out to your business and community development manager. We value your input!
2021 Articles and Webinars
- Learn about Iowa's 2021 economic and community development priorities by listening in on a discussion with Debi Durham, director of both the Iowa Economic Development Authority and the Iowa Finance Authority. Plus, hear highlights of MidAmerican's EA365 program and how you can partner with us to build sustainable, vibrant communities.
- Watch Baton Global discuss agility, strategic planning and how to push your organization to think outside the box when it comes to partners and program implementation. Plus, download planning resources.
- Empower Rural Iowa focuses on investing in, growing and connecting rural Iowa. Funding opportunities for unique community initiatives and housing assessments are available.
- Arts & Culture Resilience Grants range from $2,500 to $10,000 and are a 1:1 match.
- Ensure the underutilized buildings in your community are viable and ready for investment. The Derelict Building Program provides grant funding to cities under 5,000 in population to address neglected buildings.
- Connect with broadband providers in your community, identify the gaps and determine whether this funding could support investment to enhance your competitiveness.
- The impacts of COVID-19 continue to challenge businesses. The SBA compiled a database of private funding sources to assist businesses and nonprofit organizations.
- Collaborations that fill the talent pipeline - MMCRU Industrial Tech case study (watch or download the PDF)
- Are you fielding questions about the tax implications of participating in the Paycheck Protection Program? The US Chamber of Commerce issued guidance on this and many other COVID-19 related topics.