Make energy efficiency part of your next design. MidAmerican Energy’s Commercial New Construction program provides complimentary energy design assistance and financial incentives to help offset the cost of implementing energy-efficient strategies.
To qualify, your project must be:
- New construction, an addition or a major renovation with a mechanical system replacement.
- Early enough in the design process to implement energy analysis results
- Larger than 5,000 square feet
- Heated and/or cooled by a participating Iowa utility
- Able to achieve savings that are at least 5 percent better than energy code baseline
Free energy design assistance – Participants receive complimentary energy design assistance and a customized energy model that simulates energy use for the project demonstrating which efficiency strategies have the greatest impact and are most cost-effective. Through a series of meetings, strategies are selected by the owner and design team, with the assistance of an energy design consultant.
Design team incentive – MidAmerican Energy offers a design team participation rebate to offset the design team members’ expenses associated with program participation.
Construction incentive – Construction rebates are paid to the building owner based on the annual electric savings modeled and verified as installed by MidAmerican Energy.
How to get started
Complete the Commercial New Construction application to have your project screened.