Beware of Scams
Scammers target energy customers and attempt to steal their money and personal information by threatening immediate service disconnection. Don't be a victim; be prepared to
Slam the Scam!
- Contact you by phone, mail, online ads or in-person.
- Try to trick you by using a phone system that sounds just like ours and displays on your caller ID as MidAmerican Energy.
- Pretend to be one of our employees.
- Sound aggressive and demanding.
- Demand immediate payment by either a credit card or prepaid (Green Dot) debit card to avoid service disconnection.
Here's a video of a scammer in action:
Don't Fall Victim
Service disconnection is a last resort, not a first step. If you’re behind on your energy bill, call us at 888-427-5632 and we'll help you determine the payment option that's right for you. MidAmerican Energy representatives will never:
- Use threatening or aggressive tactics to collect payment.
- Accept prepaid debit cards as a payment option.
- Ask for credit or debit card payments over the phone.
Slam the Scam
Do you think you’re the victim of a scammer? Here's what to do:
- Hang up the phone.
- Call your local police.
- Call us at 888-427-5632. Don’t call the number displayed on your caller ID or the number given to you by the scammer.
- Never give out personal information.
- Know what you owe. Log in to My Account to check your account balance.
Join Us In the Fight Against Scams
Help educate others about scammers:
- Share our videos.
- Download our poster and display it in your business or community.
- Like and follow us on social media and share our scam alerts.