Depending on your electricity use, you may benefit from an optional rate. Under the following time-of-use rates, electric pricing is based on the time of day electricity is used:
- Rate RST: Available to residential customers with an annual use of 50,000 kWh or less.
- Rate GET: Available to residential customers with an annual use greater than 50,000 kWh and to all nonresidential customers.
- Rate GDT: Available to all nonresidential customers.
You can find your current rate on your bill under Electric Charges. Time-of-use rates may be beneficial if you use more electricity during off-peak, overnight and weekend hours, when electricity prices are lower.
- On-peak hours: Effective June through September (excluding Independence Day and Labor Day), Monday-Friday from 1-6 p.m. Electricity prices are highest during on-peak hours.
- Off-peak hours: Effective every month, daily from 10 p.m.-8 a.m. Electricity prices are lowest during off-peak hours.
- All other hours: All hours not included in on-peak or off-peak hours.
To learn more, contact us at 888-427-5632 or visit the Support Center.