For Your Home
MidAmerican Energy Company is committed to providing accurate and timely bills. Most MidAmerican Energy customers have automated meter reading technology, which allows MidAmerican Energy to obtain actual meter readings from a company vehicle. MidAmerican Energy will, however, continue to manually read some meters.
To ensure the safety of service personnel:
- Keep animals restrained or confined when a MidAmerican Energy employee is at your property.
- Make sure steps and doors are in good repair.
- Clear ice/snow from walks and steps.
- Have meters free of obstacles or debris.
- Keep the path to the meter free of hazards.
- If there is ice buildup on your gas meter, call MidAmerican Energy at 888-427-5632.
If your meter reader is unable to safely access a meter to obtain a read, your energy usage will be estimated.