For Your Home
Life Support Program
A loss of power can potentially be life-threatening for those who rely on life-support equipment in their homes. While restoration priority is not available to customers following outages, MidAmerican Energy Company offers a life support program. Your household qualifies to enroll if a member of your household relies on any of the following life-sustaining equipment.
- Infant apnea monitor
- Oxygen concentrator
- BIPAP (Bi-level positive airway pressure)
- IV pumps
- Home dialysis
- LVAD (Left Ventricular Assist Device)
- C-Pap machine – minor child (Continuous positive airway pressure)
Once enrolled in the program, MidAmerican Energy will:
- Send an information packet to help you develop a plan of action in case of a power outage or other emergency.
- Attempt to notify you before scheduled interruptions in electric service for your area.
To enroll in this free service, you and your physician will need to complete the Life Support Program Enrollment Form
and mail or fax it back to us. To remain active in MidAmerican Energy's program, you must reapply each year.