In partnership with the Science Center of Iowa, MidAmerican Energy provides Simply Electrifying programs to schools in its Iowa service territory at no charge. The presentations are delivered to schools in a four-year rotation. Scheduling is coordinated by SCI. The interactive presentation introduces students to the atom and its parts and explains the relationship between electrons and electricity. The program also:
- Demonstrates static electricity
- Discusses lightning safety
- Illustrates the differences between current and static electricity
- Illustrates the effects of electricity on everyday life.
- Explains how electricity is measured
- Demonstrates common safety methods used in homes and businesses
- Provides an introduction to energy efficiency concepts