Home & Work Safety

Indoor Projects

Cleaning Your Appliances

  • Don't mix water and electricity.
    Even when off, appliances can still shock, and wet skin can decrease your resistance to electricity. Never submerge an electrical appliance even if it is unplugged - residual water can cause a shock hazard.
  • Check your cords.
    After you've unplugged an appliance for cleaning, check for frayed or damaged cords. If you find a problem, put the appliance away until you can have it checked by a qualified repair person.
Keep appliances clean, and unplug electrical appliances before cleaning to ensure safety.