MidAmerican Energy Company has offered its Residential Equipment Program to South Dakota customers since 2009.
Program participation is increasing as more customers become interested in saving energy and money through energy efficiency.
Due to increased participation, 2014 program funding for the Residential Equipment program natural gas measures (natural gas
furnaces and programmable thermostats) was depleted in October. MidAmerican Energy has worked with the South Dakota Public
Utilities Commission to secure $550,142 in additional funding for the 2014 Residential Equipment program. As a result,
MidAmerican Energy will proceed to process and pay all rebate applications that were received by Oct. 31, 2014. Applications
received after that will be processed and paid on a first come, first served basis while 2014 funding remains available.
Residential Equipment program electric measures and energy audits are not affected. Nonresidential energy efficiency
programs (electric and natural gas) are not affected.
- MidAmerican Energy intends to continue the Residential Equipment program Jan. 1, 2015; more details on the 2015 rebate structure will be available in December 2014.
- Applications received after Oct. 31, 2014, will be processed and paid on a first come, first served basis until the recently approved additional 2014 funding is depleted.
- Any rebates for equipment purchased and installed in 2014 will not be eligible for 2015 program funding.
- Any 2014 natural gas furnace or programmable thermostat applications received after program funds are depleted, will not be eligible for a rebate.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the possible over participation in the Residential Equipment program. If you
have questions about the program, please call 800-894-9599.
The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission has given MidAmerican Energy Company approval to add
natural gas furnace and ground-source heat pump rebates to its 2014 Residential Equipment program. The rebates are
available for natural gas furnaces and ground-source heat pumps purchased between Jan. 1, 2014, and Dec. 31, 2014.
View the residential equipment program brochure
MidAmerican Energy's EnergyAdvantage® Residential Equipment program makes it easier to
afford new qualifying heating and cooling equipment. The installation of new equipment can save money on energy bills and make homes more comfortable. MidAmerican Energy customers in South Dakota may qualify for rebates for newly installed energy-efficient:
- Ground-source and air-source heat pumps
- Natural gas furnaces
- Central and window air conditioners
- Programmable thermostats
- Washing machines (all-electric customers only; MidAmerican Energy must provide both electric dryer heat and electric water heat)
Read our residential equipment brochure
more about eligible equipment types. If you're planning a purchase of or have recently purchased qualifying equipment,
print and complete our rebate application
separate rebate application is available for a ground-source heat pump rebate
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your hard drive to view PDF files. Download a free copy by visiting the Adobe Download Site
Call our representatives at 800-894-9599
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.