Nonresidential Insulation Program
Save some green by adding insulation – it makes good business sense. Inadequate insulation and air leakage are causes of wasted energy at your business. Insulation is measured in R-value – the higher the R-value, the better the insulating property. Consider the following benefits of adding insulation:
- Comfort is improved year round
- May reduce heating and cooling costs by up to 40 percent
- Often times pays for itself in 5-6 years
- Saves natural resources
- Helps with sound proofing
- Attic, roof and ceiling insulation, batt-type, blown-in or rigid foam
- Sidewall insulation, batt-type, blown-in or rigid foam
- See the Custom Systems program for other types of insulation such as spray-on products
- Existing buildings only; insulation in new buildings may be available in another EnergyAdvantage program
The program is available to all nonresidential natural gas and electric customers in MidAmerican Energy's Illinois
service territory. Qualifying projects are eligible for rebates.
MidAmerican Energy also provides financial incentives to help customers implement energy-efficient equipment
and systems that are not included in our prequalified equipment lists or addressed in other EnergyAdvantage programs. Cash
incentives will be customized and are based on the qualifying equipment’s higher incremental cost, peak demand reduction,
annual energy use reduction and annual energy cost savings. An application for the Custom Systems program must be received
and preapproved by MidAmerican Energy prior to the customer’s purchase and installation of equipment or systems to be
eligible for a rebate. MidAmerican Energy can provide technical assistance to expedite the rebate application process.
View our Custom Systems guidelines
for additional information.
New in 2013 is that preapproval is NOT required
for nonresidential prescriptive projects exceeding $10,000.
Preapproval is still required in the Custom Systems program.
Brochure and Application Form
Learn more about how the Insulation program works by reviewing a program brochure
. Complete and return the application form for your qualified project. Remember, insulation is a good long-term business investment.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader on your hard drive to view PDF files. Download a free copy by visiting the Adobe Download Site
Call our representatives at 800-894-9599