As a business owner, you look for investments with an attractive rate of return. Energy-efficient lighting is
just such an investment. As much as 40 percent of your electric bill may be just keeping the lights on.
Rebates cannot exceed 70 percent of the installed cost (materials and reasonable labor). You will receive the
lesser of the rebate amount, listed below or on the next page, or 70 percent of installed cost.
View our lighting
LED hard-wired fixtures are available from retailers participating in MidAmerican Energy’s instant rebate
point-of-purchase program and are ineligible for the above rebates.
- You must be a commercial or industrial business customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Illinois service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
For additional information, visit:
How to apply for rebates
Download the application
and send along
with the product specifications, dated invoices and installation date(s).
If specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under nonresidential
equipment custom systems. Examples of projects that may qualify:
- LED lighting not included in prescriptive, such as HID equivalent > 400 watts
- Lighting redesigns
- Daylighting controls
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
How do your custom equipment and systems qualify for rebates?
Technology always is changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and will review your equipment or systems to determine if they qualify.
Examples of projects that may qualify:
- Lighting redesign
- Premium-efficient motors >200 HP
- Energy management systems
- Boilers and furnaces >2.5 million Btuh input capacity
- Direct-fired heating systems
- Thermal energy storage
- Variable air volume conversions
- Heat-recovery systems
- Process boiler, chiller and refrigeration improvements
- Pumping system improvements
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form