Commercial Kitchen Equipment
You’re really cooking with appliances that can reduce your energy bills! MidAmerican Energy’s Commercial
Kitchen Equipment program offers financial incentives to reduce your out- of -pocket costs. Making the switch
to energy-efficient commercial kitchen equipment now can save you money on your energy and water bills for
years to come.
Rebates cannot exceed 70 percent of the installed cost (equipment and reasonable labor). You will receive the
lesser of the rebate amount listed below or 70 percent of installed cost.
View our commercial kitchen
How to apply for rebates
- You must be an institutional, commercial or industrial business customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Illinois service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the equipment at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
- For equipment that requires ENERGY STAR-certification, visit www.energystar.gov/cfs for information about qualifying commercial kitchen equipment.
- Equipment installed as replacement units, retrofits or in new construction is eligible.
Download the application
and send along with the product specifications,
dated invoices and installation date(s). A manufacturer’s specification sheet with efficiency ratings of the
product(s) installed must accompany your application. Once the equipment is installed and your application is
reviewed and approved by MidAmerican Energy, your incentive check will be issued. Allow 4-6 weeks for
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.
A complete list of qualifying equipment and additional information on energy-efficient equipment for commercial
kitchens can be found at www.energystar.gov
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
Technology is always changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and if specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems.
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Did you receive preapproval and need a self-verification form? Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.