Commercial New Construction
Make energy efficiency part of your next design. MidAmerican Energy’s Commercial New Construction program
provides complimentary energy design assistance and financial incentives to help offset the cost of
implementing energy-efficient strategies. The program helps building developers and owners optimize
energy efficiency strategies in the design stage, before equipment has been selected, ordered and
To qualify, your project must be:
- New construction, an addition or a major renovation with a mechanical system replacement
- Early enough in the design process to implement energy analysis results
- Larger than 5,000 square feet
- Heated and/or cooled by a participating Illinois utility
- Able to achieve savings that are at least five percent better than energy code baseline
Projects that do not qualify for the Commercial New Construction program may be eligible for
Nonresidential Equipment program rebates.
Brochure and Application
- Free energy design assistance – Participants receive complimentary energy design
assistance and a customized energy model that simulates energy use for the project demonstrating
which efficiency strategies have the greatest impact and are most cost-effective. Through a
series of meetings, strategies are selected by the owner and design team, with the assistance of
an energy design consultant.
- Design team incentive – MidAmerican Energy offers a design team participation rebate
to offset the design team members’ expenses associated with program participation.
- Construction incentive – Construction rebates are paid to the building owner based on
the annual electric and natural gas savings modeled and verified as installed by MidAmerican
have your project screened.
Call our representatives at 877-939-1874