Keep conditioned air inside your business where it belongs by upgrading your building shell.
View our building shell
Participants must be commercial customers with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Illinois
- Heating energy for the building must be purchased directly from MidAmerican Energy Company.
- The rebate amounts listed are based on heated and cooled space. Rebates for areas not cooled will be adjusted accordingly.
- Must have less than R-24 existing insulation to participate.
- Present insulation R-value must be brought up to current Illinois Energy Code to qualify for a rebate. No rebates for attic/roof/ceiling insulation above Illinois Energy Code.
- Use nonresidential equipment custom systems for insulation projects where code R-value is impractical or unattainable. Describe in detail the situation.
- Insulation added directly on top of suspended ceilings does not qualify.
- Rebates will not be paid directly to insulation contractors.
- For attic spaces, these materials apply: cellulose loose fill, fiberglass loose fill, or fiberglass batt unfaced.
- Radiant barriers are not eligible.
- Insulation to be installed evenly and consistently throughout the attic and to not extend beyond the eaves.
- Damming material should be added to prevent insulation from restricting attic ventilation from soffit vents and to keep insulation from heat sources such as flues, lighting, etc.
- There must be no existing insulation installed to participate.
- Eligible materials include: blown cellulose, blown or batt fiberglass.
- There are no rebates for sidewall insulation above Illinois Energy Code.
How to apply for rebates
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas at the facility for which the rebate is being paid.
- Customer must submit a National Fenestration Rating Council label for each style of window with the rebate application.
- The U-factor must be better (more efficient) than Illinois Energy Code to qualify for a rebate.
- The Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) must be equal to or lower than Illinois Energy Code to qualify.
application and include
product specifications, dated invoices and installation date(s) and submit to MidAmerican Energy. Also include
the NFRC labels for windows.
Once the equipment is installed and your application is reviewed and approved by MidAmerican Energy, your
incentive check will be issued. Allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
How do your custom equipment and systems qualify for rebates?
Technology always is changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and will review your equipment or systems to determine if they qualify. Examples of projects
that may qualify:
- Lighting redesign
- Occupancy sensors for lighting other than fluorescent
- Premium-efficient motors >200 HP
- Energy management systems
- Boilers and furnaces >2.5 million Btuh input capacity
- Direct-fired heating systems
- Thermal energy storage
- Variable air volume conversions
- Heat-recovery systems
- Process boiler, chiller and refrigeration improvements
- Pumping system improvements
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form