In addition to your regularly scheduled maintenance visit, MidAmerican Energy offers rebates with the
HVAC Tune-Up program to offset the cost of increasing the efficiency of existing heating and cooling
equipment and ductwork. Be sure to ask your contractor to advise you on the possibility of qualifying for
this program's performance rebates BEFORE the contractor begins maintenance on the heating or cooling
In order to qualify for the HVAC Tune-Up program performance rebates, a SAVE-certified contractor must:
- Perform an efficiency check and additional testing, which are above and beyond the normal semi-annual maintenance tasks
- Verify performance improvements during the service call
- Confirm that tune-up results in a minimum number of SAVE points performance improvement; this
number varies by equipment (10 equipment SAVE points or 12 duct SAVE points)
Customers can schedule a regular maintenance or equipment replacement with a participating contractor.
The HVAC contractor tests and determines whether the existing equipment is eligible for an incentive when
performing an equipment tune-up. The HVAC contractor tests to determine whether the existing ductwork is
eligible for a rebate.
View our equipment and ductwork performance improvement
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity or natural gas to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Tune-ups must result in a certain number of equipment SAVE points improvement; this number varies by measure.
- Rebate is available only once every five years for each equipment type.
Reminder: As a HomeCheck participant, you also are eligible to receive an HVAC efficiency check tune-up coupon valued at $20.
How do I apply for a rebate?
Have your dealer send a completed rebate form that identifies the type of tune-up completed and
the completed upgrades along with the associated costs. The dealer or customer mails the completed
to MidAmerican Energy by
March 31, 2016.
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.