We now offer rebates to offset the cost of increasing the efficiency of existing equipment and ductwork.
Our Residential HVAC Tune-Up program promotes the proper maintenance and operation of heating and cooling
systems by residential customers in existing homes. There are two ways to participate:
- The equipment tune-up measure is available to customers during their regularly scheduled maintenance visit by participating contractors.
- The ductwork improvement measure is available to customers during an equipment tune-up or when installing a new
piece of equipment with a participating contractor.
Customers can schedule a regular maintenance or equipment replacement with a participating contractor.
The HVAC contractor tests and determines whether the existing equipment is eligible for an incentive when
performing an equipment tune-up. The HVAC contractor tests to determine whether the existing ductwork is
eligible for a rebate.
View our equipment tune-up and ductwork improvement
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity or natural gas to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Tune-ups must result in a certain number of equipment SAVE points improvement; this number varies by measure.
Reminder: As a HomeCheck participant, you also are eligible to receive an HVAC tune-up coupon valued at $20.
How do I apply for a rebate?
Have your dealer send a completed rebate form that identifies the type of tune-up completed and
the completed upgrades along with the associated costs. The dealer or customer mails the completed
to MidAmerican Energy by
March 31, 2015.
Call 800-894-9599 with questions.