Save money and energy, and add comfort to your home with a free HomeCheck energy assessment from MidAmerican
Energy. Our energy expert will analyze various features of your home, including:
- Building construction and tightness
- Heating and cooling systems
- Kitchen and laundry appliances
- Water heating equipment
- Windows and doors
- Insulation levels
If applicable, the energy expert may install the following energy-saving items at no cost:
- Programmable thermostat
- Faucet aerators
- ENERGY STAR®-qualified CFLs or LEDs
- Energy-efficient showerhead
- Pipe insulation
- Water heater blanket
- Smart power strip
As a HomeCheck participant, you also are eligible to receive an HVAC efficiency check tune-up coupon valued at $20.
Do more and receive more!
Receive a bonus payment of $200 by participating in MidAmerican Energy’s programs and upgrading any three of
the following within 12 months after your energy assessment:
How do I schedule a HomeCheck?
- Air conditioner
- Natural gas furnace
- Heat pump
- Clothes washer
- Heat pump water heater
- Windows and doors (through EnergyAdvantage Financing)
- Insulated vinyl siding (through EnergyAdvantage Financing)
weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- For on-site audits, MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary heating fuel to your home.
- Homes must be built before Jan. 1, 2005.
- If you are seeking information on program opportunities for your multifamily building, see the For Your Business booklet, Page 6 for participation details.
- Renters: You must have your landlord’s approval, and the landlord should be present at the time of the assessment.
- Landlords: Call to confirm the appropriate assessment program for your building.
If you recently moved into a home that is eligible for a HomeCheck, call 800-545-0762 to schedule an on-site
HomeCheck assessment. If you’ve had a HomeCheck and would like to take action, call 800-545-0762 to learn what to do
To be eligible for insulation rebates, a HomeCheck assessment must be completed before
installation. Any improvements made prior to the assessment are ineligible for rebates.
You may request a free on-site assessment
perform an online energy assessment
for your home.
Energy-efficient light bulbs are available only to MidAmerican Energy's electric customers. For proper
disposal of compact fluorescent light bulbs, visit www.energystar.gov.
Water heating efficiency measures are applied only to equipment using energy supplied by MidAmerican Energy.
Other restrictions may apply. Please call to verify your eligibility.