Do you have an older refrigerator or freezer in your basement or garage? Do you need a new refrigerator?
Keeping a spare refrigerator or freezer running can add more than $100 per year to your electric bill.
As an Iowa MidAmerican Energy electric customer who has a working refrigerator, freezer or room air
conditioner that you would like to recycle, give us a call. We’ll send a recycling contractor to provide
free pick-up and disposal of your old working appliance (according to environmentally friendly standards),
and even give you a rebate. How cool is that!
View our residential appliance recycling
At the time of your appliance pick-up you will receive an energy-saving kit that includes energy efficiency
tips and additional energy-saving information.
Responsible Appliance Disposal is a voluntary partnership program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
to help protect the Earth’s ozone layer and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. RAD program partners like
MidAmerican Energy recover ozone-depleting chemicals from old refrigerators, freezers and window air
How do I schedule a pick-up?
- Participants must be residential customers located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity to the equipment for which the rebate is being paid.
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 cubic feet or larger, no commercial sizes.
- Units must be working to qualify for a rebate (motor must run and unit must cool).
- A maximum of two appliances in each category at each home per year can be recycled through this program.
- Multifamily housing or institutional customers may participate subject to pick-up coordination. (Maximum number of appliances does not apply.)
Call 800-621-2757, weekdays, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or visit www.jacoinc.net