Investing in energy efficiency can add value to your properties and increase your lease occupancy rate.
Lower energy bills are attractive to existing and potential tenants.
MidAmerican Energy offers a suite of energy efficiency services to address the unique needs of multifamily
properties. These services include:
- Free energy assessments
- Rebates on energy-efficient equipment and materials for property owners
- Rebates on energy-efficient equipment and materials for tenants
During the assessment, the energy expert may install basic energy efficiency improvements for tenant units
and common areas at no cost. The expert will recommend energy-saving opportunities and provide information
on available incentives. The expert also will create a formal assessment report for the owner or property
manager that includes:
- Recommendations for energy-saving opportunities
- Cost estimates (incorporating low- or no-cost suggestions)
- Estimates of energy-savings potential
The program uses a comprehensive assessment approach with all living units and common areas. Assessments
of individual living units will not be performed.
- Direct-install measures – Gain immediate cost savings. Our energy expert may install energy efficiency measures at no cost, as appropriate.
- Equipment and building shell rebates – Rebates for equipment and building shell upgrades also apply; refer to the
equipment, lighting and building shell programs for qualifying equipment and measures.
- You must be a customer with facilities located in MidAmerican Energy Company’s Iowa service territory.
- MidAmerican Energy Company must provide the primary electricity and/or natural gas to the building for which the rebate is being paid.
- Facilities must be built before Jan. 1, 2005.
- The building must have four or more living units, such as:
- An apartment complex
Note: For equipment placed in individual living units, view the
For Your Home booklet
How to schedule an assessment
To schedule an assessment or for questions, call 877-401-4059
Additionally, MidAmerican Energy offers assistance to low-income multifamily
properties, which include institutional housing and emergency shelters.
- Free energy assessment
- Free materials and installation of select measures
- Enhanced rebates up to 40 percent of installed cost
- Free professional consultation throughout contractor bidding and equipment installation
For program details or to schedule an assessment for a low-income, multifamily
property, call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915.
Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems
Technology always is changing with new and innovative high-efficiency products. MidAmerican Energy encourages
these innovations and if specific equipment you intend to purchase and install is not listed, it may qualify under Nonresidential Equipment Custom Systems.
- All custom systems must have a less-efficient alternative available for baseline comparison purposes.
- Preapproval is required prior to purchase or installation. Projects must be completed within 12 months of preapproval. Complete this preapproval form.
- Eligibility is based on the qualifying equipment or system’s energy savings, peak demand savings, usage profile and incremental cost.
- Equipment must be new.
Custom Project Calculation and Industrial Partners bonus incentive calculation
Call MidAmerican Energy at 800-318-8915 with questions about application procedures, qualifying projects,
incentives or verification procedures.
Download Custom Systems Rebate Self-Verification Form